
"At this wonderful season of hope and renewal we testify of the glorious reality of the atonement and resurrection of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Of all the victories in human history, none is so great, none so universal in its effect, none so everlasting in its consequences as the victory of the crucified Lord, who came forth in the resurrection that first Easter morning." — The First Presidency, 2008
Our primary lesson last Sunday was, of course, about the Resurrection. How incomprehensible ... this gift we've been given. How grateful I am that we grew up in a home where we learned the true meaning of Easter. I remember getting up early a few Easter mornings to watch the sunrise with dad. I think I only did that a few times because, as a teenager, I guess I thought sleep was more important. Knowing (now) the importance of what dad was trying to teach us ... I wish I'd gotten up early EVERY year. If we only knew then what we know now, huh? I think we'll get up early this year ...
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend thinking about our Savior. We sure miss you all! Give all the kids hugs from Jim and me. I hope the easter egg hunt was a blast!
3 comments:
Thanks, Bear...yes, if we only knew then what we know now! It is funny because I find myself saying and doing things that mom and dad did for us with my kids. What wonderful examples! Hope you and Jim have a great weekend. The egg hunt was fun, but we missed you! See you soon! Love you!
Thanks Care! We missed you guys at the Easter party! Can't wait to see you SOON!! Love you!!
You rock! Thanks for posting that quote. I don't remember ever getting up for a sunrise with Dad. That's really neat you have that memory. It's a good thing you're moving here to help us remember the good ole days. Love you more than SNL...heeehhaaaa
Post a Comment