
Dad just called with the bittersweet news that President Hinckley passed away this evening ... I am so sad that he's no longer here with us, but I am so happy for him ... to return to our Father in Heaven, to have so beautifully passed the test of mortality and to be reunited with his sweet wife ... I'm certain there is much rejoicing to have his humble spirit home ... I loved President Hinckley so much! I am so very grateful to have lived on this earth under his stewardship ... what an honor and a privilege!
I was sitting here typing this and saw my copy of "Stand A Little Taller", and I couldn't help but smile when I opened it and glanced through a few pages and read one of our family's favorite scriptures ... "A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." - John 13:34 ... to which President Hinkley added, "Let us from this day forward be a little better, love one another a little more, treat one another with great kindness and look to God and live." ... that pretty much says it all.
9 comments:
What a great reunion - and how happy his sweet wife and our Savior are to have him "home"! Thanks for sharing this - so sweet.
Can I please see you again!??
It's nice to read his thoughts on everyone's blogs...We sure will miss him, won't we?
PS-LOVE the pic of you and Ryan from the good ole days!
I love his book, "Stand a Little Taller," thanks for that sweet quote. It made me want to get that book out read through it more. He will be greatly missed, but what a wonderful blessing for him to be with his sweet wife again!!
By the way, I LOVE that picture of you and Ryan!! You look all tough like your gonna beat up the neighbor kid or something ...ha ha!!
I think Carrie and Ryan were looking at me and Ric, ready to come after us!
Thanks for the sweet thoughts, Care. Love you!
No Kimi!!! You and Ricky were like my little, cute living dolls ... I loved playing with you two ... I'm sure I was just having a bad hair day ...
I loved reading this. You always make me smile. I think how blessed we have been to have such a sweet, wise and witty prophet lead and guide us in these latter days. Makes me look forward to Heaven even more. (If that's possible)
I love you so much!
I suspect he is now standing a lot taller among the giants of mankind. No doubt too, his wife Marjorie will be so proud of him for enduring to the end and now they can walk hand in hand again (so to speak). Hum... I wonder how hugs feel spirit to spirit? Thanks for reminding me of the time we saw him in the Tabernacle during the Canadian Brass concert. That was a moment of grandeur wasn't it.
P.S. I love the photo! You're right in step with the same foot too.
Post a Comment