Thursday, November 1, 2007

Once a Year ...

... you get to dress up like a complete idiot and get a way with it!!! So Jim and I took full advantage this year and dressed up for our ward's trunk or treat ... I found a couple of wigs on my lunch hour, and the rest just happened ... good times. Jim aka "Youse don't know Jack" cracked everyone up ... and none of the primary kids knew who I was ... they were wondering why I knew their names ... when I told them it was 'Sister Nottingham' ... they giggled, and asked me if I was supposed to be a 'drama queen' ... that made me laugh. It was fun.


Yup ... it's Jim's own beard and eyebrows ... he touched them up some black face paint to have them match the 'fro' ... now that's dedicating yourself to the part ... ha ha ha. I couldn't stop laughing ... when he put on the blonde wig, I couldn't decide if he looked like "Dog" the Bounty Hunter or a caveman version of Fabio ... Hmmm ... he's a purty man ... hee hee.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard right now...these pictures are AWESOME!! You guys rock!! Carrie you look SO different with the makeup and wig...no wonder the primary kids didn't recognize you! I'm loving the pictures of Jim...so funny! Yes, he does kind of look like "Dog", the bounty hunter! Ha ha! Thanks for making me smile today!

Erin Johnson said...

HAHAHAHAHHAH AAAAAHHHHH You guys really surprised me by dressing up! Good job. You look very dramatic, Carissa! Jim looks awesome. You look like a hollywood couple. Did you get lots of candy?

Carrie said...

We gave out a TON of candy and still have a boatload at home ... guess what everyone's getting for Christmas?!? Ha ha ha ... I kid, I kid. I didn't think we were going to dress up either - but then I saw the wigs and they were only $4 ... so why not??? Jim was killing me ... and I'm definitely glad I'm not blonde ... but it was fun for a couple of hours!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I LOVE what you have done here!!!

kim said...

You look like April H...how funny! Looks like a fun time. Will you bring your wigs for Thanksgiving? The kids would have a blast with ya!

Reuel said...

I actually busted out laughing when I saw Jim! Because I lived in the 60s and 70s. I've seen the look and making fun of it is so 21st century. When I scrolled to you, Care Bear, I was stunned! It really took me a minute to see the brown of your eyes - then I knew. But my, my, what fun youz guyz must have had! Did Jim ever smile? Smile Jim. See Jim smile. See Jim's smile is wider than the outside diameter of his fro, Sachmo!

It's amazing how your outlook must have seemed different for days!

Good on all you commentors. I love the feeling in your comments! Makes my night!

Cami D. said...

YOU GUYS ARE SO COOL!