Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Grandpa Mel ...

I hope you've read Kimi's beautiful blog about Grandpa Mel ... Saturday night was such a special night ... to go and see grandpa and be able to hold his hand and gently kiss him on the forehead. How grateful I am for those precious moments. Erin offered an amazing prayer on behalf of all of us ... There was an amazing calm, peaceful feeling in grandpa's room. Those who are on the other side of the veil are very close by, attending our sweet grandpa ...

As I looked through some of the photos I have of grandma and grandpa, I thought I'd post some that captured some pretty amazing moments.

Their wedding day ...
Grandpa at his college graduation ... with Grandma Ernestine and little Orkell.

... grandpa with little Melvin Reuel ....
... with Kelly and Dad ...
... horsin' around ... ha ha.

... what a good looking couple!!!
... Our greatest examples ... we love you so much grandma and grandpa!

2 comments:

Erin Johnson said...

Wow...you have some wonderful pictures! It's so great to see Dad as a little boy! Grandma and Grandpa are the BEST examples of who I want to be! Thanks for sharing these picturs...they are what I needed tonight.

Cami D. said...

How sweet - I am sorry for your loss Carrie! My prayers are with you!