Friday, November 9, 2007

Woo-hoo!

I'm so excited! We hired a new designer! I met with him last week and offered him the job this morning! Yeah! I know this isn't a big deal to everyone else ... but I can't tell you how relieved and excited I am to have some help!?!?!? His name is Ben, he lives in CDA with his wife and he is really nice, very easy going guy. He's only thirty and has got nine years design experience in print and he showed a great portfolio. Aahhhhh .... he starts the Monday after Thanksgiving ... so now J and I can come down and actually ENJOY the holiday weekend with our fabulous family! Woo-hoo! Whew ... there is SO much to be thankful for ... and this is pretty good start!

To follow suit, I'm also very grateful for:
1. Mom and Dad ... I don't know what I'd do without their words of never-ending encouragement and unconditional love. Words can't express how very grateful I am for my family, for my upbringing, for the truths that were taught in our home growing up ... in the crazy world of today, I am so thankful that our family is a strong, united front against the evils of modern day. I love watching my brothers and sister teaching their beautiful children these same important gospel truths. As everything life can quickly change ... I am so grateful that the things that remain CONSTANT in my life are my family and the gospel of Jesus Christ. It isn't by chance that we learn through the gospel of Jesus Christ, that we have the opportunity to be with our families forever ... How beautifully the two intertwine one with the other.

2. Missionaries ... we had the elders over last night and had a great talk with them. I am so grateful for these young men and women who serve The Lord. What a tremendous example of selfless service. With Nate coming home this week, I've thought alot about missionaries and the families of missionaries. It makes me want to open my home to them often and treat them how I would hope Erin, Cami, Mark, Eric, Rod, Adam, and Nate (and so many others!) were treated while on their missions - especially throughout this holiday season. I hope everyone will keep the elders in mind in the coming weeks and maybe even make them a little holiday treat or just thank them at church on Sunday ...

Okay, that's enough from me! I hope no one dozed off while reading - if you did - I'm sorry but I'm sure you'll get over it. I love you all! Have a wonderfully cozy, warm and happy weekend.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hurray! I'm glad you finally got someone hired to help you out!! He sounds good too! Thanks for sharing your grateful thoughts.One of these days I need to do the same. We have so much to be grateful for!! I love you Care! Thanks again for the fun visit last weekend! Can't wait to see you again soon! :)

Erin Johnson said...

That is fabulous news. I'm so happy you have help. What a load off! Good job reminding us to think of the missionaries. I need to follow your example. I love you sista.

Reuel said...

Mega dittos. When you look back on your life and ask what it all adds up to, life's best parts are those filled with service to others, not what can I buy this week to bring all the happiness I deserve! Thanks for reminders about important things!

Reuel said...

P.S. This is great news about your new artist!! Is he related to JNS by any chance? JK

Cami D. said...

I am glad you got someone to help you out!!! Now I have a question - I am wondering if you have time now (ha ha ha) to help me design my new logo. Yep I am off to a new adventure! :)