Thursday, June 7, 2007

So ...

... no pics with this story - I really need to get on the ball! As I look through all of your blogs - with the amazing pictures of your beautiful children ... I realize that anything I might possibly post will pale in comparison ... What to do? Well, today I feel like complaining! Ha ha ha! I'll go ahead and take the corner on that market ... I had to go to the dentist this morning, and like the television show "Cheers" - everybody (at Dr. Reamer's office) knows my name. When I call the receptionist, she knows who I am without having to say my name, "Oh hi Carrie!"... Isn't that great?!?! This morning I had to get a tooth, that recently had a root canal, prepared for a crown. They ground down the tooth and took all kinds of impressions ... no big deal. I've gotten to the point that the shots and drilling don't even bother me. In fact, on my last visit to the endodontist, I almost fell asleep DURING a root canal. It was awesome. I just thought of my 'happy place' and let them do their thing. But after all the drilling and sanding this morning - the hygienist had to put two little rubberbands around the base of my tooth and push them down below the gumline so that when my permanent crown is ready, the gums will have room for the new tooth. Criminitly! It hurts so bad! It's the most annoying pressure ever! I just want to pop the bands off ... ugg ... I'm sure that those of you who've had a crown know what I'm talking about ... there is just something so odd about knowing where the pain is coming from ... knowing you could do something to fix it ... and doing nothing. Ha ha ha ... Good grief. Now, there are so many more important things to think about ... and in the 'big picture' - to complain about something so inane is ridiculous. I know this. But this is MY blog (ha!) and instead of having a pity party for myself about not yet adding to the Smith-Nottingham clan ... I'm choosing to scratch a superficial 'itch' ... and maybe it's the pain pill ... or maybe it's the pressure build-up in my tooth - backing up to my brain ... either way, thank you for indulging me. I guess it's kinda like the little bands around my tooth ... Unexpectedly, it's the minor, everyday things that make you appreciate all of the big, happy AND sometimes painful moments in life. I'm grateful that The Lord knows what each of us needs ... in His time, and not ours. Please know how very much I love all of you ... and all my (almost) eleven nieces and nephews! I wish we lived closer so that I could see their beautiful smiles and hear them laugh more often. Love each other ... appreciate one another and hug each other for me, will ya?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man! That sounds like a rotten deal! Sorry you had to go through all that. I hate going to dentist! Hang in there, I love you!

Lori Smith said...

Oh Tare Bear. I love you so much. I wish I could give you a great big hug. I'm all out of my stash of super hootey drugs or I would offer them to you. I can't believe all your poor mouth has gone thru over the years. When you do have kids you won't need an epideral for sure. You have a high pain tolerance. I can't imagne having that constant pain. If we drank I'd take you out for a night on the town. Heehee hang in there sweetie pie. Sad to say I was happy you posted something. I love your guts:)

kim said...

Diazepam? Ha! Ha! I still have some! I am so sad about your stupid visit at the dentist! I am sorry you have to go through this! I wish I could be with you and take care of you! I'll pray that the pain and pressure will go away. I predict we will have a little "jimmy roo" by the end of the year (at least he will be on his way)! I am praying for it! I know it WILL happen! You will be the BEST, funnest mom any kid could ask for! Hang in there! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I hate teeth. Sorry bear. And thanks for venting, it's nice to hear what you're thinking!!

Erin Johnson said...

Good thing you are so TOUGH!!! You're life is more exciting than you realize. I miss you!

Cami D. said...

OK I have to say I feel your pain! I am a regular at the dentist...and I really do brush and floss and take care of my teeth! UGH! And I feel your pain and the not wanting a pitty party...after all they are not fun and no one brings presents! Just remember that I love your guts and know Carie Sue..I know!