Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Our Family's History ...

Okay ... so I was checking out Eric's family history blog yesterday and I was taken aback by the number of years he's gone back in time and found some of our long-forgotten ancestors. I wouldn't even know where to start, but our cute little brother has found a passion in discovering the untold stories of our long-lost great grandmothers and fathers. It got me to thinking ... who will tell our stories? What stories will be told of us? As I look back over my life ... I find quite a few moments that are better left 'behind' us ... namely the shootout at Nelly's restaurant back on one of our first family visits to Jackson Hole, Wyoming ... ha ha ha ... enough said.

Since I'm waxing nostalgic as of late ... I thought I'd share some fun memories about each of my brothers and sisters ... and some of the places that we've lived while growing up. So, stay tuned and beware. Tee hee ... I'm only teasing. I'll try to keep them short and to-the-point, but will try and post a couple every week!

5 comments:

Lori Smith said...

Oh Carrie you tell stories the best. You make me feel like I was there and can see exactly what happened. You have a gift.I look forward to all the stories you will share. I love you so much!

Erin Johnson said...

Nelly's shootout.HAHHAHAHAHAHHA You rock! I love that you are doing this and it will be fun to chime in with the little that I remember! Yes-and Eric and Melissa-what can I say? They blow me away, really.

kim said...

Who could forget Nelly's! Oh my gosh! How funny! Thanks for reminding me! You are so freakin funny!

kim said...

You are a gas, really!

Anonymous said...

Keep the stories coming, I love it! You really are quite the story teller.