Thursday, May 3, 2007

Wilderness Survival ...



So, Jim leaves this Sunday for what we hope to be an amazing summer job! He's pretty excited. He'll be a Wilderness Instructor for an at-risk youth camp/boarding school. It's for kids ages 13 to 18 who are having a bit of trouble at home. They'll be able to spend a couple of weeks in the Montana wilderness - working together and learning how to trust each other, how to better communicate with their peers and hopefully have the time of their lives! I'm sure he'll have many stories to tell over the next few months - so I promise to keep you posted!

While I'm excited for him - I'll miss him dearly! He'll be gone from May 7th until August 13th. He will have SOME time off throughout the duration ... (thankfully, he'll be able to come home when his parents come to visit May 15th through the 22nd) ... but other than that, I think it'll be a few emails and phone calls when he checks in at base camp and takes another group of kids out ... I'm sure there will be lots of stories to tell! To check out Explorations, check out "Jim's Favorites" - to the left in the side bar ...

2 comments:

Erin Johnson said...

Go Jim! I think that job will be perfect for you and I know the kids will love ya. That, or they'll play pranks on you! Good Luck and stay safe.

Carrie-I LOVE THE PICTURE OF JAXON. Thank you.

Lori Smith said...

Ryan & I both think this is Jim's calling. Ryan knows first hand what those kids need. Jim is that person. He's going to rock! Carrie You can always come stay at my house while he's gone and I'll take care of you. I know what it's like to have your husband gone for months at a time. I can't wait to hear his stories. We love you both dearly.

What a treat to see Jaxon's cute picture. I love it!